About 311…

You can call 311 (or use the 311 website or the 311 phone app) for building-related complaints.

311 calls
 should be directed by the agent on the phone to the “healthy homes” program of the “mental health and hygiene” department.

The 311 website has a set of subcategories after you choose to Make a Complaint, and select Your Home as the main category:

If your complaint deals with indoor air quality though, you’ll notice that there’s no subcategory there for it in the dropdown menu. However, there’s a different section of the site that does have it. On that webpage, click here:


Here’s a link to a short description about the 311 app.